photobucket             Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket           

Quick DIY: Trim Headband




I love wearing headbands, but always seem to get headaches after a few hours of wearing them. I haven't found any loose headbands, so I thought I'd make some. Here's how I did it:

Supplies needed: 
- Flat braided trim
- Elastic
- Scissors
- Sewing machine threaded in coordinating color OR needle and thread
- Embellishments (optional)

Instructions: 
1. You could be fancy and use a tape measure to determine the length of trim needed, but I simply wrapped the trim around my head to get a good idea of how long it needed to be. Keep in mind that you will need to fold each end under approximately 3/4 inch in order to prevent unraveling. Mine was about 15" in length.

2. You could also use a tape measure to measure the amount of elastic needed for this as well, but I just winged it. I wanted my elastic to be longer than commercially made headbands in order to prevent headache-age.

3. Hem each end of the braided trim. This prevents the ends from unraveling. You can do this either by hand or with your machine. I chose to save some time and use my machine.

4. Attach the elastic to the hemmed trim. It was a little hard to fit both the hemmed trim and the elastic under the machine, but I finally got it to work with me. I simply sewed a zig-zag stitch vertically down the elastic on each end. Make sure that your elastic isn't twisted!

5. Attach embellishments (optional). I used minty green buttons for one of mine, but you could use sequins, flowers, or ribbon.

6. Enjoy! You just made your very own, (hopefully) headache-free headband! I like to wear mine over a messy ponytail (because my hair is always pretty crazy), but you can wear it any way you like! You could even shorten the trim and elastic and make a cute bracelet. Be creative!



Happy DIY-ing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...