photobucket             Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket           

Pinterest Fall Crafts

I've been in the fall spirit today and decided to browse Pinterest for some good fall crafts. A few days ago I found a great tutorial for making pom pom flowers and decided to make some for myself! I tried using floral wire for the stem, but it wasn't quite strong enough to hold the flower, even when I doubled it. Instead, my nephew and I went around the yard looking for good sticks. We got a handful and I only used three, so I'm going to use the rest for a future project. Painted twigs, perhaps?

Here is the finished product!




I added a mustard felt flower to the mix for a pop of color. I didn't use a tutorial for the felt flower because I've been making them for years, but there are lots of great tutorials on Pinterest for making them. I used pinto beans (left over from another project) from the dollar store for the bottom of the mason jar. I picked up some super cool yarn at Big Lots (20% everything in the store today!) and layered it over cream burlap.



I also made this cool paper pumpkin after finding this tutorial on Pinterest last night. Mine is quite similar to theirs, except I left off a few details and hand stamped my orange paper.



I'm off to make some more pom pom flowers - they're quite addicting! What fall crafts are you guys making?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...