photobucket             Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket           

Cardigan Refashion

I found a cute white cardigan from the Limited at Marshalls several months ago. I bought it for about $3.00, but it had a pretty big stain on the right shoulder that wouldn't come out. I told myself that I'd find a fix for it that week, but finally got around to doing it about six months later. Woops!

Lucky for me, my mom was tired of these beautiful green rosettes being on one of her shirts, so she gave them to me to use on future projects. They were already attached in a large section, so I just had to sew the section onto the cardigan. Easy peasy! 

Here's how you can do it: 
1. Find an old cardigan that needs sprucing up
2. Find or make rosettes or flowers to attach to the cardigan. 
3. Pin the flowers in the desired location. I am a fan of the asymmetrical shoulders, but they would look nice placed nearly anywhere on the cardigan.
4. Sew the flowers to the cardigan. I used a longer stitch on my machine because mine were attached to mesh and I didn't want it to pucker.
5. Enjoy your sweater! When people compliment you on it, make sure to tell them you did it yourself. That's always a great feeling. :)



1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...