photobucket             Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket           

Historical inspiration

I get a lot of my creative inspiration from history. Whether it be cameo pendants, antiqued-gold charms, or retro print fabric, most of my designs have been inspired by the past. Yesterday, my boyfriend and I took my nephew to Shiloh National Military Park, which is the location of a Civil War battle. Scattered around the grounds are cannons, monuments, and the famous "Bloody Pond." While walking around one of the battlefields, I found this cannon. I absolutely love the color of the cannon, and found it intriguing that something so dangerous could be so inspiring.


Isn't it cool? If you haven't visited Shiloh and you live nearby, you should check it out. I'm no history buff, but it is a really neat place.

- Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...