photobucket             Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket           

In Progress Project: Glasses Makeover Part 1

As much as I'd love to wear my contacts every day, there are some days [especially high pollen count days] where I just have to wear glasses. I somehow have two pair of glasses with my prescription, but I only wear one because the others are just not me. They are tortoise shell, oval frames and while I'm a fan of tortoise shell, these just don't look right with my skin. So, these frames have been sitting in a glasses case, unused for several years.


I've always wanted red or blue or some funky colored glasses, but didn't feel like investing in them, so I decided to paint these guys. I did some research and found mixed opinions about painting eyeglasses. Some said it's a great idea, some said it's a terrible idea. I decided to go with the great idea-ers and paint these bad boys using fingernail polish!

I figured that if I want good results, I should probably use good nail polish for the base color. I chose OPI's Cajun Shrimp (a bright, reddish pinkish coralish color) for the main color and Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Invisible for the top coat.

I popped out the lenses and started painting the frames yesterday afternoon. I've put around 10 coats and the color is finally starting to look opaque. I'm thinking I'll need another 10 coats for them to look nice and streak-free.

Glasses after 7ish coats... tortoise shell still shining through!
I'll keep you guys posted on how this project is coming. I'm hoping they'll turn out the way I have envisioned them!

Happy Sunday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...