photobucket             Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket            Photobucket           

Birthday Bracelet and Buttons

One of my favorite things to do is give presents to others. Whether it be my sixty-one-year-old mom or my five-year-old nephew, the thought of going out and picking the perfect gift has always excited me. My half sister, Brooklyn, turned two today and I, yet again, got excited and went to buy a gift. I was having a hard time deciding what outfit to get, but I ended up purchasing an adorable grey and white sweater dress adorned with some of my favorite things: buttons! Whether they are vintage or new, it does not matter to me (though I'm a sucker for vintage anything!) Buttons are not only functional, but can be a unique addition to any outfit. I especially love making button jewelry, whether it be earrings, rings, or necklaces. How fun!

Anyway, I found the dress and decided to make a bracelet for her as well. It's so odd making children's jewelry when I'm so used to making adult jewelry. I kept measuring and re-measuring to make sure it was the right length-- it looked like it would barely fit around my finger! Here is a photo of the dress and bracelet as I was getting them ready to ship off to Brooklyn:



Seriously, how cute is this dress? I got it at Target for around $12. What a deal! If only they made it in my size. Sigh..

Anyway, it's bedtime in this house. I'll be posting a button earring how-to soon.. so stay tuned!

- She

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...